Golden Bridge Yoga NYC Teacher Training Sep 28th, 2017 – Feb 18th, 2018
The KRI Level One Aquarian Teacher Training Program is a 220-hour professional certification program in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan ®. An interactive course in the theory, practice, and basic skills of a Kundalini Yoga instructor, it includes 180 hours of classroom instruction and 40 hours of independent study: service projects, a 40-day meditation, and White Tantric Yoga. Graduates of Level One earn the title of KRI Certified Instructor of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan® and fulfill the Yoga Alliance RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) 200-hour requirement.
Foundations introduces the student to the principles and practices of the self-sensory human, and explores how Kundalini Yoga and yogic lifestyle can harmonize and uplift the human experience and awaken your true potential.
Level One Instructor: Foundations
Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®
The theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga kriyas (yoga sets), asanas, and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and its training through Kundalini Yoga meditations, mantras, and pranayam (breathing techniques).
Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practices. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology (the science of daily living), including diet, nutrition, and relationships.
Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy
Traditional Western anatomy, its purpose and function, including the respiratory, nervous, immune, musculoskeletal, circulatory, endocrine, and digestive systems and their relation to the practice and teaching of yoga. Also Yogic anatomy and the energy systems of the body including the chakras, nadis, pranas and vayus, and the ten yogic bodies.
Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain
The skills and techniques to become an effective instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the Master
Connect with Yogi Bhajan through DVD classes and study.
The Practicum: Teaching from Day One
Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of a KRI Yoga Teacher Trainer, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
This training will be led by Gurmukh, Gurushabd, Amanbir, Randhir, and special guests.
To withdraw from the course before it begins your request must be received in writing. Requests to withdraw received by Sept 1st 2017 are eligible for a refund, minus a non-refundable $500.00 USD processing fee. After Sept 2nd 2017 there will be no refunds.
- Are there any pre-requisites for this course?No, but we strongly recommend that you take at least 10 – 20 Kundalini Yoga classes prior to beginning the Teacher’s Training course. This will give you a solid foundation for your future studies.
- Do we have to come to Sadhana during the Teacher Training weekends?You are required to attend all of the Sadhana mornings during the Teacher Training weekends.
- I ALREADY DID WHITE TANTRIC YOGA; DO I NEED TO DO IT AGAIN?Yes, you must complete one day of White Tantric Yoga while you are taking the Teacher Training course, even if you’ve already done it.You can take White Tantric Yoga anywhere in the world within the year. Just provide us with the receipt and have your White Tantric form signed. This is part of your course requirements that must be verified for your KRI Certification. Please note that White Tantric Yoga is NOT included in your course tuition. To find a White Tantric course anywhere in the world go to: www.whitetantricyoga.com
- I don’t live in New York, so I’m worried about fulfilling my 20-class requirement. What should I do?You have a couple options. You can try to arrive in New York early or stay late and take extra classes at the studio. You also can take classes from any Level 1 certified Kundalini Yoga teacher. To find a teacher in your area, please go to www.kundaliniyoga.com. You also can watch a DVD by a certified Level 1 teacher such as DVD’s by Gurmukh or Nirvair Singh.
- I have to miss a month – what should I do?If you just have to miss one month, it’s okay; you can still get certified, but you’ll need to make up that weekend the following year before we give you your certificate. You’ll be required to complete all other course requirements (practicum, final exam, curriculum design project, etc.) by the stated due dates.
- Do I need to fill out all of this paperwork to register?YES. We do need your completed registration form with at least your deposit to consider you registered for the course.
- It seems like there’s a lot of homework in this course. I just want to absorb the information, but not teach – do I have to do all?If you are not planning to become certified, you won’t have to do the outside assignments.
- Are there hotels near Golden Bridge NYC?Yes. Below is a list of good hotels that are not too far from our yoga center. (Click on the name of the hotel to go to their website for prices and availability)