GROUNDED KID’S YOGA NEW YORK
KID’S YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: STEP 1
NOVEMBER 1ST – 3RD, 2017
Based on the principle that you must ground yourself before grounding others, this training is an invitation to create an authentic presence, complete engaging groundwork and receive a well-rounded introduction into all aspects of teaching yoga to kids and teens.
Learn to teach children how to funnel their negative habitual pattern surges down through the nervous system and into the Earth and transform these surges into higher energies of creativity, courage, compassion, strength, and connection.
You may take this training as a stand-alone course or as the first step toward certification.
What is Covered in the 22-Hours?
Each of these trainings count as continuing education with Yoga Alliance.
This 22-hour training includes the following:
- Introduction to Grounded methodology
- Gain proficiency in our 84 Grounded series poses as well as modifications and enhancements
- Child development through the lens of the chakra system and how to impart this wisdom to kids and teens so it is useful in everyday life
- Specialized mini flows and mantras to balance each chakra
- How to teach alignment to children with skill, clarity and creativity
- Teaching mindfulness, meditation and mudras to ages six-teens
- Breathing techniques appropriate for kids and teens
- Partner and group yoga including games
- Guiding principles for conduct management based on each student’s constitution and prevailing elements
- Create a well-rounded yoga lesson plan that is engaging and meaningful to youth
- Group teach a Grounded yoga class
To withdraw from the course before it begins we must receive your request in writing. Requests to withdraw received by October 15th, 2017 are eligible for a refund, minus a $100 USD processing fee. After October 15th, 2017, there will be no refunds.
- ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC PRE-REQUISITES TO TAKE THE STEP 1 TRAINING?
No, we don’t have any requirements in order to take the training. We suggest you establish a yoga practice and come with an open mind, and patience for the teachings to seep.
- DO I HAVE TO ALREADY HAVE A YOGA CERTIFICATION OR EXPERIENCE TEACHING YOGA?
No, you don’t have to already be a yoga teacher.
- CAN I START TEACHING KIDS AFTER STEP 1?
Yes, after Step 1 you will have what you need to begin teaching yoga to children. We suggest practice teaching with small groups.
- ARE THERE HOTELS NEAR GOLDEN BRIDGE NYC?
Yes. Below is a list of good hotels that are not too far from our yoga center. (Click on the name of the hotel to go to their website for prices and availability)