Level 1 Teacher Training Rishikesh
October 1st – 23rd, 2022
Dearest Brothers And Sisters In The Divine,
Sat Nam and God bless you!
We are so so so excited!
Beautiful Rishikesh in Mother India is calling you Home. We are delighted beyond words that we’re all going to be together soon in India. Throughout this past year life for many of us has been challenging and at the same time very rewarding. We pray this Teacher Training will be a respite, reset, and recharge time for you of inspiration and direction. Throughout our 50 years of leading Teacher Trainings, the biggest joy is the friendships and the love that grow within the Trainings.
Teacher Training is more than learning from a book how to live and how to teach. We’ll actually be living, eating, playing, learning, laughing, and teaching together throughout the Training in our magical mountainous home. The air is clear. The sky feels so close. The Stars, the Moon, the Sun… ahh! If you haven’t been in such beautiful nature in a long time, this in itself will be such an experience of delight and wonder.
We’ll be in the fresh air. In the afternoons we’ll have time for walking, resting, and exploring!
The setting is designed for learning. The time is perfect. Are you ready? Are you in?! Rishikesh is Home, where we’ll be sharing time together for our Level One Teacher Training: October 1st – 23rd, 2022.
Please come join us to learn the Ancient Science of Kundalini Yoga. Challenge yourself. Confront self-imposed limits. Touch your Soul. Experience your highest and purest consciousness. Gain the knowledge and confidence to build a more peaceful, healthy, and creative life.
Immerse into a Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in this idyllic location on open land in the mountains with the running river. For thousands of years the yogis studied on this same land. The feeling of the energy at the base of the Himalayas is beyond words.
India is everything, just like yoga… beautiful, expansive, dynamic, spontaneous, challenging. Please join us if you are looking for a life-changing opportunity. You will experience your strength and grace, and reconnect to your personal truth.
“If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.” ~ Yogi Bhajan
This in-person Teacher Training will teach you:
- All the Postures and Sequencing
- How to speak with your most authentic voice
- How to teach complete classes
- How to speak effectively and help the students
- The art of listening
- How to select music to consider for your classes
- Mantra pronunciations, meanings, and effects
- Purposes and outcomes of the Kriyas
- How to prepare a class
- The student-teacher relationship
- How to dress appropriately
- How your appearance contributes to your projection
- Knowledge and experience in healing yourself and others
Some great reasons to come join us in this amazing Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Course:
- We as teachers are continuing to work on ourselves, exploring how to make this Sacred Work relevant in these times.
- A clear, systematic approach to the vast dynamic of the Teachings
- A clear, in-depth explanation of the esoteric and scientific information that is relevant to Spiritual growth through Kundalini Yoga
- A soothing environment
- Group Sadhana
- Delicious vegetarian/vegan cuisine
- Growing friendships
- Peaceful quietude for deep experiences
- Dynamic interaction
- Teachers with a combined experience of more than 100 years of living and teaching these Teachings
- Within this group, coming to know each other and your teachers
- Allowing Consciousness to produce a new pattern in your life
- Through the power of Collective Consciousness, understanding the Teachings through experience
- A deep experience that transcends the mind’s mental patternings
- Fun, joy, dance, and laughter
- Every afternoon is filled with activities such as walking, coming to know each other, and roaming around the land.
Who Are Your Lead Trainers?
For the past 52 years, Gurmukh has been living and teaching these Teachings globally, feeling so blessed to be part of the worldwide Kundalini Yoga Tribe. Watching these Teachings help humanity keeps her going. The joy that wells up in her heart in anticipation of the 2022 Rishikesh Level One Teacher Training is beyond words….
Gurushabd at 71 years of age has been living and teaching these Teachings for the past 41 years. Gurushabd and Gurmukh have been married for 40 years. They travel the world over… teaching, helping to build community, and serving the planet with this Ancient Technology. Gurushabd, an ardent student as well as teacher, is in love with Kundalini Yoga and is excited to teach you the science in detail. His Sadhanas are long, sharing with you the experience of the science. You will enjoy sharing time with this Beautiful Soul one on one as well as within group settings.
Amanbir is a Doctor of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncturist. He has been working with patients for 13 years, and teaching Kundalini Yoga for more than 15 years. He has helped people around the globe to heal issues of mind, body, and soul with Yoga and Eastern Medicine. His greatest calling in life is to teach others to heal themselves. He looks forward to being with you. As a healing teacher, he will help to deepen your understanding of your body’s autonomy and the sacred flow of your meridians.
Who Are Your Associate Teachers?
Amrit Nam Kaur is a Kundalini Yoga Teacher, living in New Delhi, India. In 2007, she was introduced to this magnificent technology, and has been teaching since 2009. She is blessed and graced to be the mother of three children. She is certified in Traditional, Vinyasakrama, and Transformational Yoga; Ayurveda; and energy-work modalities. She is studying to create a new system of Kindergarten with Buddhist philosophy and Waldorf development methods. Loving Kindness, Compassion, and Service are key to her life.
Balwant Singh has studied and practiced Kundalini Yoga with Gurmukh and Gurushabd for more than 20 years. In 2011, Balwant Singh started teaching and has since assisted with more than a dozen Golden Bridge Teacher Training Programs. He is dedicated to delivering these Teachings, for he has witnessed the incredible results of this amazing Technology and wishes for people to live extraordinary lives through the practice of the Art and Science of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. He enjoys helping people to find and develop their inner warrior, and is excited to relate these concepts and practices to you this Autumn in India.
Born in Mexico City, Harpreet Kaur is a second-generation yogi. Her mother was one of the first Kundalini Yoga Teachers in Mexico trained by Guru Dev Singh. Harpreet Kaur was fortunate to receive these Teachings at a young age from her mother, Guru Dev Singh, and Yogi Bhajan in Española, New Mexico, USA. Her healing methodology, “Inner Reset,” is based on Craniosacral Therapy, Family Constellations, and Kundalini Yoga. She lives in Mallorca, Spain, with her husband and three children.
Jugat Guru Singh was born into and grew up within this beautiful lifestyle. Throughout his entire life he has been immersed in these Teachings, guided by Yogi Bhajan and mentored by Guru Dev Singh in Sat Nam Rasayan. For more than 25 years, Jugat Guru Singh has lived in India, studying with various great Masters the Sound Current and the Scriptures along with the depth of the cultures. For 25 years around the world, in order to share this experience, Jugat Guru Singh has been teaching Kundalini Yoga Level One and Level Two Courses, leading Intensives, and facilitating Japas. For 28 years, he has been married to his beautiful wife. They are the blessed parents of three radiant children.
Full refund up to 30 days before start date. No refunds after 30 days to start date as we have to pay accommodation fees at that time.
Sample schedule below. Daily schedule subject to possible slight changes:
4-7 Sadhana: Morning Yoga and Meditation Practice
7-9 Breakfast and Rest
9-12 Yoga Practice and cCass
12-2:30 Lunch and break
2:30 – 5:30 Meditation Practice and Class
5:30 – 7:30 Dinner
7:30 – 8:30 Various Events
Total Cost Double Occupancy: $3800
Total Cost Single Occupancy: $4800[Deposit due upon registration; Final payment due 30 days prior to the start of the training]
Full Payment via BTC Double Occupancy
Full Payment via BTC Single Occupancy
Double Occupancy Deposit
Single Occupancy Deposit
Final Payment Double Occupancy
Single Occupancy Final
- DO YOU HAVE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR BOOKING MY FLIGHT?There are many options for finding a flight. It all depends on where you’re flying out from. The internet is your best source to explore your options.Some sites that may prove helpful are www.cheapflights.com, www.kayak.com and www.cheaptickets.com.
- DO I NEED A PASSPORT?Yes. Your passport must be valid for the dates of your trip. If you do not have a passport please allow adequate time to get one. For information on how to apply for a passport visit www.travel.state.gov. You will not be allowed to board a plane leaving the country without a passport.
- DO I NEED A VISA FOR INDIA?You will not be allowed to board a plane bound for India without a valid Indian visa. Yes, you will need a tourist visa to travel to India. We suggest a 6 month or 10 year visa, whichever makes more sense for your future travel needs. For information on applying for a Visa in the USA go to https://india.travisa.com https://www.indianevisaservice.org.in
In Europe or Asia contact http://vfsglobal.com https://www.indianevisaservice.org.in or go online and search for a Visa Center near you. You will not be allowed to board a plane bound for India without a valid Indian visa.The information needed for where you are staying for your Visa Application is:
Nirvana River Resort
91 8755905920, 8755905908
Important: Make sure you check off TOURIST for your Purpose of Visit. Do not check off anything but TOURIST. Your Visa may be held up otherwise.**India now allows you to apply for your Visa online. If you wish to do this you can apply:
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.htmlYou may also choose an “on arrival visa” that you apply for online and pick up at the airport in Delhi on arrival. This option is easy and cheaper and only good for 30 days. Be aware that it can take time at the airport depending on how busy it is.
- WHERE WILL THE TRAINING BE HELD?Nirvana River Resort
- WHERE SHOULD I FLY INTO AND WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?You need to fly into New Delhi, arriving no later than September 29/30, 2022. Check in begins at the location at 12:00 noon on October 1, 2022. If it is possible, we highly suggest to arrive to India September 27/28. This is so you can rest and recover from jet lag before the course begins. This will also give you more time to travel from New Delhi to Rishikesh. Rooms will be available for check in at 12:00 noon on October 1, 2022 Class begins Sadhana time on October 2, 2022. If you would like accommodations at The Nirvana River Resort earlier than October 1, 2022 please contact them directly. www.nirvanariverresort.com.
- WHEN DO WE LEAVE THE NIRVANA RIVER RESORT? Your room is paid from October 1, 2022 to early afternoon on October 21, 2022. Check out is after lunch time on October 23, 2022. There will be a 1/2 day of class on October 23, 2022. If you would like to arrive earlier or stay later at the resort, please contact the Nirvana River Resort directly as Golden Bridge is not responsible for any early or extended stays. You can book directly for early or late stay via www.nirvanariverresort.com. Please know that if you arrive early and stay at the Nirvana – you may have to change rooms for the course as we arrange all room assignments in advance of the course.
- HOW DO I GET FROM DELHI TO RISHIKESH AND BACK?You can fly from Delhi to Deradhun (we recommend Spice, India or Jet Air Airlines). Once you arrive to Deradhun Airport you will need transport to the course. The flight from New Delhi to Deradhun is approximately 1 hour. Another option is to take a train from Delhi to Haridwar. The train leaves from New Delhi (Station Code NDLS) and goes to Haridwar (Station Code HW) and takes 4.5 hours. For more information, please see the Indian Rail website.**For transportation arrangements from the airport or train station to the Nirvana River Resort or information on how to get there please contact Govind Agarwal. He is the managing director and can arrange this for you.Govind Agarwal
whatsapp – +91- 8755905908
email – firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail: email@example.com
- WHERE CAN I STAY IF I ARRIVE TO RISHIKESH EARLIER THAN OCTOBER 1, 2022?You can look into staying at the following:
The Yog Vashishth Hotel – www.hotelyogvashishth.com/
The Nirvana Palace – www.hotelnirvanapalace.com/
There is a Radisson Blu Hotel next to the New Delhi airport that is very nice. This is great if you are flying in to New Delhi and need accommodations before you take your Domestic flight to Dehradun. You want to reserve with Radisson Blu Hotel Delhi Airport Reservation
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A HEALTHY FLIGHT?Since the flight is so long we do recommend drinking plenty of water, at least 8 ounces per hour. Drinking caffeinated beverages is not recommended. If you want a special meal remember to order in advance with your airline.. Vitamin C or Vitamin packets are helpful in fortifying your immune system during the flight. Snacks of fruits and nuts will help too. When not sleeping or watching movies, take regular breaks to get up, walk around and stretch.
- WHAT SHOULD I PACK?Once you register you will be provided with a suggested packing list. We suggest you bring one large suitcase or duffle as checked luggage and one small bag or knapsack as your carry on. If you would like, bring an empty duffle packed into your suitcase to bring home your purchases. Don’t overpack! Remember, airlines are imposing stricter guidelines for luggage and weight. Also, there are times you will have to carry your own luggage, so make sure the luggage you bring is luggage you can handle carrying.
- DO I NEED VACCINATIONS?There are no required vaccinations for travel in North India. We suggest to consult with your doctor if you are concerned about this issue and do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Please do your own vaccination research.
- WHAT ARE THE COVID-19 TRAVEL REGULATIONSIndia’a regulations depend on your country of citizenship and country of flight origin. Please see the current regulations here: https://www.india-briefing.com/news/india-international-travel-latest-rules-20683.html/
- WHAT ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS AND MEDICINES?Once you register you will be sent a list of recommended supplements and suggestions to stay healthy during your time in India. Whatever prescription medications you are required to take at home, please continue to take them while in India.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – TEACHER TRAINING
- HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD I TAKE WITH ME?That’s entirely up to you and how much you want to buy. Things in India are much more inexpensive than they are in the US or Europe, so your dollar goes pretty far. Travelers checks are harder to exchange in India than cash, so we recommend bringing cash and credit/debit cards. ATMs are available down in Ram Jula and the Rishikesh area. Ram Jula / Rishikesh is about 45 minutes from where we will be staying.ATMs are also available in Delhi and at the airport.Most stores take credit cards.
- WHAT ABOUT TIPPING?We do not tip any staff during our stay at the Nirvana Resort. Rather, we leave a collective group tip at the end of our stay, which the staff divides between them. Generally this tip is around $30/person for the month stay. In addition, if you use porters to assist you with your luggage, plan on $1/piece of luggage each time you use them. For taxis within Delhi count on $1$ 2/trip.
- WHAT IS THE CURRENCY AND HOW CAN I EXCHANGE MY DOLLARS?The currency in India is the rupee. There is money exchange in the Delhi airport. When you fly into Delhi, exchange some money into rupees at the airport. The rupee is not exchangeable outside of India so however much money you exchange into rupees, know that you must either spend it or exchange it back before leaving the country.
- HOW SHOULD I DRESS WHEN TRAVELING THROUGH INDIA?For women, please dress modestly with respect for the culture. It is preferred to not wear tank tops and halters or shorts. Also when traveling through India it is best not to wear tight or transparent clothes that show too much skin or underarms.Instead wear loose fitting graceful clothing such as Indian Kurtas. Long skirts are also a good option. This is to not only show respect for the culture but to also not draw unwanted attention to yourself.
For men, we suggest not to wear tank tops. Kurta shirts and T-shirts are fine. You will be doing a lot of Kundalini Yoga and meditation so we prefer white or light colored clothing. Also, head coverings are highly recommended.There is plenty of shopping in Ram Jula and Laxshman Jula. These areas are about 45 minutes to an hour below where the training is being held. So, you can do plenty of shopping for clothes if you arrive early before the training begins.
- WHAT IS THE NIRVANA RIVER RESORT?For more information please see: http://www.nirvanariverresort.com. Because we will be up in the mountains please make sure to bring all of your toiletries and any necessary comforts with you from home. There will be days off during the course when you will be able to travel down to Laxshman Jhula or Ram Jhula (where Parmarth Niketan Ashram is located).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – TEACHER TRAINING
- WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION?Completion of the registration form as well as a deposit paid are necessary to consider your registration complete and your spot reserved.
- WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY MANUAL/BOOKS?Close to the start of the Training, we will email you a PDF of your manual which you may wish to have printed before traveling to India or utilize on an electronic device. In addition, there are two required books that you will need to purchase on your own. You may purchase in book form or on Kindle. Those two books are:1.) Enlightened Bodies: Exploring Physical and Subtle Human Anatomy by Nirmal Lumpkin and Japa Kaur Khalsa [for reference: https://www.amazon.com/Enlightened-Bodies-Exploring-Physical-Anatomy/dp/1934532002] 2.) The Kundalini Yoga Posture Manual by Gurudass Kaur and Badha Kirin Kaur [For reference: https://www.amazon.com/dp/3941566261/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_glt_i_1TP8SQA0YYPC2JRJCFBC]
- I’M NEW TO KUNDALINI YOGA WHAT’S “SADHANA”?Sadhana is a 2 hour morning practice consisting of prayer, yoga and meditation. It’s powerful, uplifting and sets a beautiful tone for the day.
- ARE THERE ANY SCHOLARSHIPS OR WORK EXCHANGE POSITIONS AVAILABLE?Unfortunately, no.
- WHAT ABOUT DISCOUNTS FOR INTERNATIONAL OR INDIAN STUDENTS?None are available.
- IS THERE ANYWAY TO CONNECT WITH MY FELLOW TRAINEES PRIOR TO THE COURSE?Yes. We will set up a What’s App Group Chat just for students of our Teacher Trainings. Once you register, we will set you up in the chat.
- WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?Please contact Dass Padmani she will be happy to answer any of your questions! Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org