Level 1 Rishikesh India
November 2nd – 25th 2020
Arrival for Check in is November 1st. Departure from the course is November 26th
Level 1 Immersion in India!
Based on the science of Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, the Aquarian Teacher Training program is a journey of your soul. Develop yourself as a human as you become a Kundalini Yoga Teacher. The Aquarian Teacher Training Certification is open both to yoga students ready to become teachers and those who wish to immerse themselves in the science of Kundalini Yoga. Experience transformation in the present where peaceful vitality is alive in the ancient land itself!
- DO YOU HAVE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR BOOKING MY FLIGHT?There are many options for finding a flight. It all depends on where you’re flying out from. The internet is your best source to explore your options.Some sites that may prove helpful are www.cheapflights.com, www.expedia.com and www.cheaptickets.com.
- PASSPORT –Your passport must be valid for the dates of your trip. If your passport is expired, please allow enough time to renew it.
- DO I NEED A VISA FOR INDIA?You will not be allowed to board a plane bound for India without a valid Indian visa. We suggest a 6 month or 10 year visa, whichever makes more sense for your future travel needs. For information on applying for a Visa in the USA go to www.india.travisa.com https://www.indianevisaservice.org.in In Europe or Asia contact www.vfsglobal.com www.indianevisaservice.org.in or go online and search for a Visa Center near you. The information needed for where you are staying for your Visa Application is: Nirvana River Resort Mohanchatti, Rishikesh Uttarakhand, India 91 8755905920, 8755905908 email@example.com Important: Make sure you check off TOURIST for your Purpose of Visit. Do not check off anything but TOURIST. Your Visa may be held up otherwise. **India now allows you to apply for your Visa online. If you wish to do this you can apply : https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
- WHERE WILL THE TRAINING BE HELD?Nirvana River Resort
- WHERE SHOULD I FLY INTO AND WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?You need to fly into New Delhi, arriving no later than October 31, 2020. Check in begins at the location at 12:00 noon on November 1, 2020. If it is possible, we suggest to arrive to India October 29th or 30th, 2020. This is so you can rest and recover from jet lag before the course begins. This will also give you more time to travel from New Delhi to Rishikesh. Rooms will be available for check in at 12:00 noon on November 1, 2020. Class begins Sadhana time on November 2, 2020. If you would like to arrive earlier or stay later than the dates of the course, please see the list of suggested accommodations below.
- WHEN DO WE LEAVE THE NIRVANA RIVER RESORT?Your room is paid from November 1st to morning of November 26, 2020. Check out is after breakfast on November 26, 2020. If you would like to arrive earlier or stay later than the dates of the course, please see the list of suggested accommodations below.
- WHERE CAN I STAY IF I ARRIVE TO RISHIKESH EARLIER THAN NOVEMBER 1ST?There are many places to stay in Rishikesh and Laxshman Jula. Here are a few suggestions: Parmarth Niketan Ashram – http://parmarth.org The Yog Vashishth Hotel – www.hotelyogvashishth.com/ The Nirvana Palace – www.hotelnirvanapalace.com/ There is a Radisson Blu Hotel next to the New Delhi airport that is very nice. This is great if you are flying in to New Delhi and need accommodations before you take your Domestic flight to Dehradun. You want to reserve with Radisson Blu Hotel Delhi AirportReservation
- HOW DO I GET FROM DELHI TO RISHIKESH AND BACK?You can fly from Delhi to Deradhun (we recommend Spice, India or Jet Air Airlines). Once you arrive to Deradhun Airport you will need transport to the course.The flight from New Delhi to Deradhun is approximately 1 hour. Another option is to take a train from Delhi to Haridwar. The train leaves from New Delhi (Station Code NDLS) and goes to Haridwar (Station Code HW) and takes 4.5 hours. For more information, please see the Indian Rail website. **For transportation arrangements from the airport or train station to the Nirvana River Resort or information on how to get there please contact Govind Agarwal. He is the managing director and can arrange this for you. Govind Agarwal call – +91-9997515615 whatsapp – +91-8755905908 email – firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like help with booking flights or train reservations within India please contact: SP Holidays Pvt.Ltd. (Approved by Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India ) 287 , IInd Floor , Pratap House, Sant Nagar East of Kailash , New Delhi – 110065 Contacts :- Mr. Sunil Kumar/ Mr. Pradeep Kala Mobile: +91 9811980373 , 9999039903 Email: email@example.com
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A HEALTHY FLIGHT?Since the flight is so long we do recommend drinking plenty of water, at least 8 ounces per hour. Drinking caffeinated beverages is not recommended. If you want a special meal remember to order in advance with your airline.. Vitamin C or Vitamin packets are helpful in fortifying your immune system during the flight. Snacks of fruits and nuts will help too. When not sleeping or watching movies, take regular breaks to get up, walk around and stretch.
- WHAT SHOULD I PACK?Once you register you will be provided with a suggested packing list. We suggest you bring one large suitcase or duffle as checked luggage and one small bag or knapsack as your carry on. If you would like to bring an empty duffle packed into your suitcase to bring home your purchases. Don’t overpack!Remember, airlines are imposing stricter guidelines for luggage and weight.
- DO I NEED VACCINATIONS?There are no required vaccinations for travel in North India. We suggest to consult with your doctor if you are concerned about this issue and do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Please do your own vaccination research.
- WHAT ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS AND MEDICINES?Once you register you will be sent a list of recommended supplements and suggestions to stay healthy during your time in India. Whatever prescription medications you are required to take at home, please continue to take them while in India.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – CURRENCY, DRESS & NIRVANA RIVER RESORT
- HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD I TAKE WITH ME?That’s entirely up to you and how much you want to buy. Things in India are much more inexpensive than they are in the US or Europe, so your dollar goes pretty far. Travelers checks are harder to exchange in India than cash, so we recommend bringing cash and credit/debit cards. ATMs are available down in Ram Jula and the Rishikesh area. Ram Jula / Rishikesh is about 45 minutes from where we will be staying.ATMs are also available in Delhi and at the airport.Most stores take credit cards.
- WHAT ABOUT TIPPING?We do not tip any staff during our stay at the Nirvana Resort. Rather, we leave a collective group tip at the end of our stay, which the staff divides between them. Generally this tip is around $30/person for the month stay. In addition, if you use porters to assist you with your luggage, plan on $1/piece of luggage each time you use them. For taxis within Delhi count on $1$ 2/trip.
- WHAT IS THE CURRENCY AND HOW CAN I EXCHANGE MY DOLLARS?The currency in India is the rupee. There is money exchange in the Delhi airport. When you fly into Delhi, exchange some money into rupees at the airport.The rupee is not exchangeable outside of India so however much money you exchange into rupees, know that you must either spend it or exchange it back before leaving the country.
- HOW SHOULD I DRESS WHEN TRAVELING THROUGH INDIA?For women, please dress modestly with respect for the culture. It is preferred to not wear tank tops and halters or shorts. Also when traveling through India it is best not to wear tight or transparent clothes that show too much skin or underarms.Instead wear loose fitting graceful clothing such as Indian Kurtas. Long skirts are also a good option.This is to not only show respect for the culture but to also not draw unwanted attention to yourself. For men, we suggest not to wear tank tops. Kurta shirts and T-shirts are fine.You will be doing a lot of Kundalini Yoga and meditation so we prefer white or light colored clothing. Also, head coverings are highly recommended. There is plenty of shopping in Ram Jula and Laxshman Jula. These areas are about 45 minutes to an hour below where the training is being held. So, you can do plenty of shopping for clothes if you arrive early before the training begins.
- WHAT IS THE NIRVANA RIVER RESORT?For more information please see: http://www.nirvanariverresort.com. Because we will be up in the mountains please make sure to bring all of your toiletries and any necessary comforts with you from home. There will be days off during the course when you will be able to travel down to Laxshman Jhula or Ram Jhula (where Parmarth Niketan Ashram is located).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – TEACHER TRAINING
- DO I NEED TO FILL OUT ALL OF THIS PAPERWORK TO REGISTER?YES!We need the registration form returned to us and payment made before we can consider your registration complete.
- WILL WE GET OUR BOOKS AND MATERIALS IN INDIA?No. You should have them before you leave for India. You will have the option of purchasing the course books as Ebooks or in hard copy through Sat Puran. More information will be sent out on this for you to decide. For those outside of the US and Canada, you will be able to purchase your course books through certain distributors.
- DO WE HAVE TO GO TO SADHANA IN INDIA?The only book you might have that is required for the course is The Master’s Touch. If you have that book already, please let Sat Puran know.
- I’M NEW TO KUNDALINI YOGA WHAT’S “SADHANA”?Sadhana is a 2 hour morning practice consisting of prayer, yoga and meditation. It’s powerful and uplifting! For more information about sadhana, including Yogi Bhajan’s answers to common questions about sadhana, please see the KRI website kriteachings.org or 3ho.org
- ARE THERE ANY SCHOLARSHIPS OR WORK EXCHANGE POSITIONS AVAILABLE?Unfortunately no.
- WHAT ABOUT DISCOUNTS FOR INTERNATIONAL OR INDIAN STUDENTS?None are available.
- IS THERE ANYWAY TO CONNECT WITH MY FELLOW TRAINEES PRIOR TO THE COURSE?Yes. We will set up a What’s App Group Chat just for students of our Teacher Trainings. Once you register, we will set you up in the chat.
- WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?Please contact Sat Puran she will be happy to answer any of your questions! Her email is SatPuran@goldenbridgeyoga.com