PREGNANCY TEACHER TRAINING OCTOBER 20th – 27th 2018
We welcome you to join us in one of our most important roles as women — helping women become conscious mothers. This is perhaps the greatest way we can help bring peace to the world.
The womb-life and first three years of life set the entire life’s course. Through conscious pregnancy, birthing and early parenting, we set the foundation for life-long health and happiness in a child. Yoga and meditation may be the strongest offering that we can give to pregnant women. To actively move her body, to learn to breath properly, to close her eyes, to meditate, to go inside where her baby is – from this she will come to know her own truth.
This 85-Hour Khalsa Way Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Program, developed by Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa and based on Kundalini Yoga and Meditation as taught by Yogi Bhajan, is in its 30th year and is designed for yoga teachers, students of all yogic disciplines, pregnant mothers, midwives, doulas, doctors, and health and childbirth educators. We warmly welcome those wanting to become pregnant and any woman who wants to deepen her knowledge of conscious conception, pregnancy and motherhood. Come discover the power of this ancient, grace-filled, time-tested practice.
You will learn how to support a woman over her nine-month pregnancy as she experiences the enormous physical, emotional and spiritual changes that prepare her to create and welcome another human being into the world. If a woman is living in calmness, radiance, joy and good health, this is the atmosphere in which her baby will enter the world.
Over the years, Khalsa Way Yoga and Meditation has touched the lives of thousands! Please come join our worldwide family and step into your destiny by helping create a more loving and peaceful world … one mother, one baby, one family at a time.
Kundalini Yoga and Meditation, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, are the cornerstones of this Teacher Training. All aspects of pregnancy and the first 3 years of a child’s life are studied.
This training is a wonderful opportunity to share experiences with other women in the fields of childbirth and parenting. It is an opportunity to expand your network, both personally and professionally. Over the course of the last 30 years, women’s lives have changed as a result of The Khalsa Way. The Khalsa Way has touched hundreds of women, children, and families all over the world!
THE 85-HOUR IMMERSION
This complete Prenatal Certification Course offers you the necessary skills and training to teach Khalsa Way Prenatal Yoga and Meditation classes. You will learn the precautions and modifications necessary to put together a safe, empowering prenatal class suitable for all stages of pregnancy. You will be able to share powerful, ancient breathing techniques, mudras, mantras and asanas specifically designed for a pregnant woman so that she may experience a pregnancy and birth filled with consciousness and confidence. Sharing these transformative methods with mothers and babies will prove to be some of the most rewarding work of your life!
The Khalsa Way Prenatal Teacher Training course fulfills Yoga Alliance’s 85-hour national standard for a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT®). In order to receive a Yoga Alliance accreditation you must also have 30 hours of teaching experience in prenatal yoga after completing the Khalsa Way Prenatal Teacher Training course, and complete a 200-hour training program with a Registered Yoga School (RYS).
WHAT IS COVERED
- Rebirthing our own birth for insight, understanding and healing
- Kundalini Yoga postures and sequences unique to pregnancy
- Conscious conception
- Optimal nutrition for fertility, prenatal and postnatal
- Meditations and mantras to help women prepare for a positive birth experience and motherhood
- Relaxation and stress-reduction techniques to alleviate doubts, fears, negative programming and patterning
- Pregnancy anatomy and alignment
- Common interventions and how to help women avoid those which are unnecessary
- A conscious approach to labor and birth and tips and tools for managing and transcending the intensity
- Difference between obstetrical and midwifery models of care
- Recommendations for the first 40 days following birth
- Infant care, bonding, breastfeeding and nurturing a newborn
- Vaccinations – exploring parents’ options and resources
- First three years – developing trust in yourself and your child, secure attachment and the understanding the importance of self-care
- Couples Yoga and Meditations classes – how to teach expectant families
- Clearing our own blocks in order to become authentic and effective teachers
- How to set up your own class and get going
- Networking with your community and others in the childbirth world!
To withdraw from the course before it begins we must receive your request in writing. Requests to withdraw received by September 20, 2018 are eligible for a refund, minus a $300 USD processing fee. After September 20, 2018, there will be no refunds.
OCTOBER 20TH – 27TH 2018
The course begins on October 20th at 5:00 am
Each day will be from 5:00 am to 6:00 pm
The last day of the course will be October 27 5:00 am – 2:00pm
Schedule and times subject to change.
- WHO IS THIS TRAINING DESIGNED FOR AND WHY IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
This weeklong immersion is designed for students of all yogic disciplines, yoga teachers, doulas, nurses, midwives, doctors, childbirth educators and anyone wanting to deepen their knowledge and practice.
If you are hoping to have children someday give yourself and your future child the gift of stepping onto the path toward conscious conception now – the earlier the better. And for those of you who may to carry a child within your own womb in this lifetime, please know that some of the greatest Khalsa Way teachers are amongst you.
Come discover the power of this transformative, grace filled, time tested practice designed to help support a woman as she experiences the enormous physical, emotional and spiritual changes that prepare her to welcome a human being into the world.
- WHAT IF I AM PREGNANT. IS IT OK TO STILL ATTEND THE TRAINING?
Yes. Absolutely. There is no better time. Come connect with your baby, your sisters and yourself.
- CAN I TAKE THE COURSE IF I’VE NEVER TAKEN KUNDALINI YOGA BEFORE?
Yes. But we do highly recommend taking a Kundalini Yoga class before arriving even it if is a class off of a DVD or online class. This way you will have the experience of the energy.
- WILL I BE CERTIFIED TO TEACH KHALSA WAY PRENATAL YOGA BY THE END OF THE COURSE?
– You will be well on your way. However, the following certification requirements must be met before you are fully certified and prepared to teach. You will have 3 months to complete your homework.
– Attendance at 10 yoga classes (5 Khalsa Way and 5 other schools of prenatal yoga classes). If there are not any Khalsa Way certified teachers in your area, you may use Gurmukh’s Pregnancy Yoga DVD’s and Sarah Kamrath’s recorded classes.
– Creation of 3 sample pregnancy yoga classes, with postures and a meditation included in each class outline.
– Submission of a DVD of you teaching a sample 1-hour yoga set.
– A 40-day meditation that will be assigned at the end of the course.
*For questions on registration and payment please email to email@example.com