Teacher Training - Prenatal Yoga
- Khalsa Way® Prenatal and Postnatal Teacher Training Program
Children are tomorrow's world. The womb-life and first 3 years set the entire life's course. What happens in this time builds the foundation of how we live out our lives. If this time includes yoga, meditation, chanting, and spending quality time with their mothers in a community, children will carry that trust, love, joy, and community forever within them... whatever they do, wherever they go.
The 85-Hour Khalsa Way® Prenatal and Postnatal Teacher Training Program brings a refreshing, exciting, holistic approach to Prenatal and Mommy & Me Yoga and Meditation. Please join us as we explore the emotional, physical, and spiritual journey to a healthy, conscious, and joyous pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood. We will sow the seeds to set the foundation for bright, conscious/healthy minds, bodies, and spirits of these new Souls. We will change the world!
This Training in its 30th year is designed for midwives, doulas, doctors, health and childbirth educators, nurses, students of all yogic disciplines, and yoga teachers. We also warmly welcome pregnant mothers, those wanting to become pregnant and any woman who wants to deepen her knowledge of conscious conception, pregnancy, and motherhood. As we help women to become conscious and powerful, we create a more loving and peaceful world.
Kundalini Yoga and Meditation, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, are the cornerstones of this Teachers' Training. All aspects of pregnancy and the first 3 years of a child's life are studied.
This Training is a wonderful opportunity to share experiences with other women in the fields of childbirth and parenting. It is an opportunity to expand your network, both personally and professionally. Over the course of the last 30 years, women's lives have changed as a result of The Khalsa Way®. The Khalsa Way® has touched hundreds of women, children, and families all over the world!
- The 85-Hour Immersion:
- The complete Prenatal and Postnatal Certification Course offers a well-rounded, spiritual approach to birthing. Recalling the ancient ways of birthing and mothering handed down to us through the ages, the Khalsa Way® Prenatal and Postnatal Teacher Training offers the necessary skills to teach Prenatal Yoga and Meditation. The Khalsa Way® teaches a woman to lift the blocks of fear, doubt, and old conditioning out of her pregnancy, her birth, and her life, bringing her to the awareness that she truly knows within herself how to bring her baby forth with strength and grace.
- Los Angeles, CA
- January 12 - 19, 2015 COURSE DETAILS
- New York City, NY
- April 30 − May 7, 2015 COURSE DETAILS
- What is Covered:
- Rebirthing our own birth for insight and understanding
- Kundalini Yoga postures and sequences unique to pregnancy, as taught by Yogi Bhajan
- Kundalini Yoga based on helping women bring their bodies back into strength and well-being, and their minds into better focus, taking all hints of depression or disorientation from them
- Meditations, songs, and chants to help mothers prepare for a positive birth experience
- Relaxation and stress-reduction techniques to alleviate doubts, negative programming, and negative patterning that lead to fear
- Pregnancy anatomy
- A conscious approach to conception, pregnancy, labor, giving birth, and mothering
- Infant care, nursing, and specific care for the 40 days following birth
- Difference between obstetrical and midwifery models of care
- Benefits of breastfeeding and good nutrition for moms and babies
- Prenatal and postnatal nutrition for mother and baby
- Yoga Specific for Mommy & Me
- Songs & Dancing for mothers and babies
- Teaching skills: including yoga for moms and yoga for babies!
- We'll also teach how to teach Family Yoga, including babies and siblings, fathers, and entire families. We'll teach Yoga and Meditation as a community class, which is so much fun. Even grandparents and other relatives are warmly invited. This is often where people experience Yoga and Meditation for the first time, and realize how important Yoga and Meditation are in their daily lives, in their families, and in their communities. Teaching Family Yoga is very enriching, rewarding, and simple!
- How to set up your own class and get going!
- How to network with your community and all those helping in the childhood world.
- It is fun, exciting, educational; and forms a bond and a village with women from all over the world!